connecting to a L35E

nathan.slade

Hi all
Currently at work i am trying to connect to a L35e on one of our ovens. I have linx classic rev 2.52.00.17 cpr 9
I have downloaded all the eds revisions for this controller and installed them into linx. I have used a ethernet x-over cable from my laptop to the controller but am not able to see the controller in linx. I have added the ip address of the controller into the scan list for the ethernet driver.
Any help would be greatly appreasated

Hi all
Currently at work i am trying to connect to a L35e on one of our ovens. I have linx classic rev 2.52.00.17 cpr 9
I have downloaded all the eds revisions for this controller and installed them into linx. I have used a ethernet x-over cable from my laptop to the controller but am not able to see the controller in linx. I have added the ip address of the controller into the scan list for the ethernet driver.
Any help would be greatly appreasated
If you are using ethernet you do not need eds files.
Your controller and pc must be on the same subnet as well as the same range of IP addresses.
Something similar to 255.255.255.0
You should use the Ethernet device driver and not the Ethernet/IP driver with RSlinx.

Thanks mate
I found the problem. We use wireless 99% of the time and the laptop has been setup to turn off the wired nic when on battery. Thanks again. Now all i have to do is change the ip address to come into line with the rest of the plant.