"Tab" in Code 39 fonts

tcat_chucky

Hello all,

I've got one my IT people can not solve for me. I'm trying let my operators do some data entry with a bar code reader. I want to supply them with a "Tab" key to move from area to area on a data entry window with the bar code reader.
As I am trying to enter the tab key in my spread sheet, and hit the tab key, my curser moves to the next cell. (As one might expect.)
I've checked help in Excel and my IT with out success. Do you know of a way of printing a "tab" function in an Excel spreadsheet? Is there a hot key I should be holding down?

Thank you in advance.

Hi there
From here it seems that in Code39 TAB is not possible
Carriage return and Tab
For Code 128, look at the Code 128 table The value under Code A that says "CR" is a carriage return. The ASCII value is 109. The value under Code A that says "HT" is a horizontal tab. The ASCII value is 105
Code 39 has no carriage return or tab. If your barcode scanner is a programmable keyboard wedge, you can usually program the wedge to add a carriage return or tab to the scanned data. You can also modify your application program. For example, if you are reading in a 6-digit number, you can program a Visual Basic routine to skip to the next field when 6 digits are inputted. Finally, you can use the "+" sign in Code 39 as a carriage return or tab and add it to the data you are encoding. Then the wedge or software can translate the "+" into a CR of HT when read.

More here