Panelviewplus compact 1000 and SLC5/05 Comms issue

Matthewn

Hi All,

I'm having difficulty establishing communication between a panelview plus compact 1000 and an SLC 5/05(processor 1747-L552). I can communicate fine with both the SLC and PV through my laptop using serial connection and DF1 driver but I cannot get the runtime application to register values from the SLC at runtime. I'm using factory talk view ME V 5.10 and I have created a shortcut to the SLC in the runtime tab of rslinx enterprise under a DF1 driver which I added. All the comms settings match the SLC comms settings and I even selected auto configure to eliminate this as a possible cause. The device tree which I selected under the DF1 driver in the runtime tab of rslinx enterprise looked like this - DF1P2P, Serial-DF1 > PCCC DH485 Devices > SLC DH485 devices 1747-L552E, SLC-5/05 Processor w/32k. And I selected this SLC 5/05 as my shortcut. But nothing. I'm using the same lead as I used for programming the panelview to talk with the SLC, and from what I read this seems ok. Am i doing something terribly novice here?? Could anyone shed some light??

Matthew.

First make sure you are using the cable 2711-NC13 between the 5/05 and the PV (2-2,3-3 and 5-5 is the pinout)
Second it's 100% easier to communicate by using the ethernet port, cause as soon as you're studio is able to test your application, you can copy the design shortcut to the runtime, and woila!!!