Siemens S7 1200

geniusintraining

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
So I made a simple program and my outputs are not going true??

It looks like the program is correct as in the watch table I can see the binary bits turning on and off (1-0) and I am moving them to a output word, but the bool address are staying low

See attached PDF's of the screen shot and program

The PLC is in run and a simple latch (another program) was making the outputs turn on and off but not this one??

What am I missing? any ideas??

Thanks!

Last edited:
So.... it looks like I need to go back to school

The second set of bin 1/0's are the outputs, once I get the full understanding I will post more for others like myself (that don't get it)

I think now I need to do a mask... back to the books :)

Hi mark,

I dont use this software (yet)

Could you tell me what data type IEC_Counter_0 Count value is?

As a test hardcode a value into the move and try that

i.e move W#16#FF to QW0

Is there AND/OR Word instructions?

Last edited:
If you move to a word and you want to see what is happening, monitor the two bytes that make up the word.

Bit 0 of the accumulator does not correspond to Q0.0 when a word transfer is performed.

Example from S7-300:

qw0.JPG

Hi Guy's

OK, I just learned what LD is talking about (the long way), so.... I tried adding 256 to the counter to but that on put a 1 into the second byte

Then I did a MOV to QW1 this did the same thing... but when I watched QW1 it was doing what I wanted

See the attached, I would of thought I just needed to address the MOV to QW1, but when I address that in the MOV it does the same thing as QW0

I will try the swap and let you know

Thanks
Mark

S712.JPG

hi Mark
The software has quite a few bugs in it but it is a big improvement on step 7 ,Can`t Wait for the full version coming out in november to program the s7-300 series as well that should be interesting
regards
Mel

Hi Mel,

I like it... if you can (like you said) look toward the future this can be a very nice system, it has given me the error screen a few times and had to restart, so I learned to save often :) , but its new so I expected some of that.

I do wish that they will make a UN-do buton, I have made a few changes and wish that I could hit the undo/back/ctrZ

Thanks again...

Mark