User Program Death Loop

lostcontrol

Lifetime Supporting Member
So I had to try and sort a Taian PLC today that was not in run mode, and was displaying an error.
I had not even seen one of these before, and google doesn'y bring up anything positive.
I did manage to get a copy of the s/w from the original agent, and when I managed to get online, and read from the PLC, I got the message in the attached pic, wtf is a Death Loop?

Either way, it did make me laugh, so thought I would share it with you folks.

I did have a backup copy of the code, and once I managed to clear the password (why anyone would want to password protect something so simple excapes me :rolleyes:) and download, all was well and the machine was operational again!

PC12.jpg

That is an amusing name for an error. Could that be an infinite loop?

I'm just guessing, but could it have something to do with how the PLC scans things and solves for the output? Maybe it's entering an infinite loop without being able to solve the output... It could be a bag that only arises when certain conditions are met in the program, which could be quite rare. If that's the case, simply reuploading wouldn't actually fix it, it'd just make it go until things caused another "Death Loop".

Regarless, that is a pretty damn funny name for an error.

At customer request I used a Japanese Sharp PLC and programming package that presented a certain fault as a 'Flaming Error'. After verifying that fire was not emerging from the PLC or my PC I checked the written documentation and there it was again - 'Flaming Error'. I then realised it was in the communication section. It was obviously a 'Framing Error'. I adjusted the communication parameters and the 'Flaming Error' went away.

You always make me laff

At customer request I used a Japanese Sharp PLC and programming package that presented a certain fault as a 'Flaming Error'. After verifying that fire was not emerging from the PLC or my PC I checked the written documentation and there it was again - 'Flaming Error'. I then realised it was in the communication section. It was obviously a 'Framing Error'. I adjusted the communication parameters and the 'Flaming Error' went away.

You always make me laugh....

Cheers...

Bernie, very funny one. šŸ™ƒ

I used to see a lot of electronic-equipment manuals that had been translated from Japanese with that sort of funny stuff.

Now I suppose we are going to see the same type of thing from China.

Bernie, very funny one. šŸ™ƒ

I used to see a lot of electronic-equipment manuals that had been translated from Japanese with that sort of funny stuff.

Now I suppose we are going to see the same type of thing from China.

My Favorite was in an English translation of a Japanese Manual for an Ultrasonic Drill.

"Check Transistor, if not broke, good. If broke then broke"

That was very helpful.:confused:

Stu....

I liked the ommunication manual for a Mitsubishi Sigma 30D corrugator control system,

Hello Sir, Are you there?

Yes Sir I am here.

I want to send you some data
here you go

Thankyou for the data I have recieved it.

Well, it went something like that anyway, it had all the STX etc codes next to the statements.