Program development

plcstudentGX

Hi there,

I have browsed some answer but not found that much info, and wondering oif you could help me with providing me advantages and disadvantages of the below progrmaming languages for making games in.
IL
ST
LD
FBD
SFC
any iterative design methods
Where one method might be more useful than another.

I guess one might make a tic-tac-toe game using push-buttons and lamps/leds in just about any old language, including ladder.

I once considered writing Space Invaders for a PLC-5/40 and PanelView 1200 on Remote I/O. We had the speed and memory available, but not the graphics for the moving attackers and disintegrating bunkers. That problem goes away on current HMI models. 🍻

I once considered writing Space Invaders for a PLC-5/40 and PanelView 1200 on Remote I/O. We had the speed and memory available, but not the graphics for the moving attackers and disintegrating bunkers. That problem goes away on current HMI models. 🍻

So the plan was to provide a game in the HMI because you felt bad that the operators had no PC to play Solitare?? LOL!