Acknowledging Alarms Through KEPSERVER.

numnum7

Hello,

I imported a bunch of tags from a Siemens controller using Kepserver. In the tags I can obtain which alarms went off through polling my input's .EventState's value.

However, I can't seem to acknowledge any of these alarms on the controller itself. Could anyone help me out if they know anything on the subject?

Is the tag that read only or read write access. If it is read only you will not be able to write to it. Typically Inputs are read only. Even if an IO is a Writeable if it is used as an output in a ladder rung you will not be able to over ride its value.

Contact kepware technical support and have them work with you on this. ([email protected])

Thanks for the reply but I don't think you understood me correctly.
I obtained all the possible tags and can see the read only
alarms and know where and what they are.

The problem lies in acknowledging these alarms. I can't seem to find
the tags responsible for acknowledging any alarms, and those that look
like it are read only tags. I wish simply to send acknowledgments straight to the tags.

To elaborate further on the problem, I am using Siemens controllers (not PLC's) that communicate over BACnet/IP and wish to import them through Kepserver to what would lead to graphics displays using FactoryTalk. Maybe this is not the ideal forum to post this problem, but send acknolwedgment straight to the controller is what I'm concerned with.

Thanks for spending the time to go through this and looking forward to hearing from anyone knowing on the topic.

At this point I think you best bet is to contact Kepware Technoical Support. They can look at everything and figure out if there is a solution. They will get my team involved if they need to elevate the support.

I solved the problem, thanks.

That is good news.

How about you post what you found, as there may be someone in the future with the same problem, if they search for this, then they will see the same issue, and a possible solution.