OPC server and client --clarification

omsumitam

can anybody describes me what exactly a OPC stands for
OLE stands for and if there are 3 control stations ,and the 2nd one is consisting of OPC client server.

How come only 2nd Control station is a OPC client server when all three control stations are having SCADA communicating wid PLC and a Operator workstation is there as a PC

To answer the first part of the question, OPC stands for:
"Object Linking and Embedding for Process Control" (OLE For Process Control).

It is a much more structured interface for communications between devices then DDE was. The link above describes the functionality well.

Similar Topics

I have a Win10 64 bit host for my OPC DA server, which is Indusoft (Studio,Scada.OPC.3). Locally OPC works, Matrikon OPC Explorer. On my Win7...
Replies
Views
So we are trying to read 3 meters on our line from a webpage. The 3 meters are on the network going to a PLC which is properly configured to read...
Replies
Views
Has anyone setup an Intouch app as an OPC UA Server in the SMC (System Management Console)? Could use a little assistance... The fun thing...
Replies
Views
I'm trying to save myself some modbus mapping here... So, can I use an existing OPC Client that talks to an Kepware OPC server to talk with a OPC...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an energy Conzerv EM6400 meter giving data on RS485 modbus and Kepware OPC server taking data via MOXA RS485 to Ethernet converter. Now...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom