PLC 5/20 and 5/40

turbohamad

Hi friends;
we have the gas turbine control and the plc are used 5/20 for three turbines and 5/40 for 4 turbine compressor set.
in the past we used the AB dos operated software. Now we want the rslogix version for window xp (os) which communicate with above plc's in means of downloading uploading the software and edits as well.
which version support and how we purchase it if any demo version for practice and learning plz post the link.
I am very thankful to all
bye

Greetings ...

the software you need is RSLogix5 (not RSLogix500; not RSLogix5000) ... as far as I know, there is no free download "trial" version ... you need to contact your nearest Allen-Bradley distributor to purchase a copy ...

in the meantime, there is a free legal version of the smaller RSLogix500 which will run without a license that you might want to download just to practice "driving" around ... it will NOT (I repeat NOT) work in any way with the PLC-5 processors that you mentioned – but the menus and the screen layout are almost identical to the larger RSLogix5 package – so it might be something to experiment with offline ... note that it will also NOT open any of your existing PLC-5 programs – even in an "offline" mode ...

I don't have the download link handy – but I'm sure some of the other forum members will post it if you ask ... or you may find it yourself on the AB website that ianingram posted above ...

I'm sure that you'll like the new software ... good luck with your project ...