CPM2A Omron PLC question

mraj2001

Hi,
I have a CPM2A PLC setup for a machine. There is an rotary incremental encoder connected to the PLC at input 0.00 (A+ terminal of encoder) and at 0.01 (B+ terminal of encoder). When the encoder rotates I can see LED switching at these inputs. But when I connected my PC to PLC and look in the program but I am unable to see these inputs in ladder logic. Can you explain me how the pulses of encoder are counted in the program. Which instruction may be used

mraj2001

High-speed Counter Inputs
Inputs IN00000 through IN00002 can be used as high-speed counter inputs, as shown in the following table. The maximum count frequency
is 5 kHz in differential phase mode and 20 kHz in the other modes.
Input Function
Differential phase mode Pulse + direction input mode Up/down input mode Increment mode
IN00000 A-phase pulse input Pulse input Increment pulse input Increment pulse input
IN00001 B-phase pulse input Direction input Decrement pulse input Normal input
IN00002 Z-phase pulse input/Hardware reset input (IN00002 can be used as a normal input when it is not used as a high-speed
counter input.)

Interrupt Inputs

CPM2a MANUAL

yUO WILL ALSO NEED TO ENABLE THE HIGH SPEED COUNTER UNDER SETTINGS ON THE LEFT HAND SIDE AT THE PROJECT TREE

Last edited: