slc 5/04 network communication

idowulawrence

Hi, can I configure 5 units of slc 5/04 on a dh+ network to exchange data without the use of any additional module? If possible, how are they to be configured?

as stated above.. yes you can..

You must read or write the information from PLC to PLC using a Message Block. Thats the reason to have the DH+ network there.. besides using for HMI (operator interface).

Genius has a good link there to show some examples of how to read or write data from PLC to PLC. FYI the existing operator interfaces just reads from the PLC to display information and writes information (depending on the application).

Similar Topics

Hi, I'm trying to communicate an Experion C200 with SLC 5/02 and 5/03 controllers located on a DH485 network via a DHRIO module and a 1785-KA5...
Replies
Views
I have a couple of old slc 5/03 plcs, each with net aic in a ring with custom radio protocol. Could i reset plcs to configure ch0 port for rs232...
Replies
Views
I'm a mega noobie when it comes to PLCs and the such. I'm a network guy. We are currently experiencing an issue where the SLC immediately faults...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a forming machine that has a SLC 5/02 and Panelview 300 terminal. Unfortunately, the machine was seldom used and the battery quietly...
Replies
Views
Does anyone have an suggestions on connecting a few SLC 5/03s to a local network? I've got a few Ethernet switches mounted in our ceiling for...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom