Siemens TP270 no touch problem

CarlosHo

Hello,
A TP270 is giving us some problems when starting up. Namely, the touch function does not work for some time (like half an hour), but the panel starts up and operates normally otherwise. We can even operate the system by plugging in an USB keyboard to it.

After the touch capability gets on, the system can be turned off and then on again, and it works fine, so this looks as if the panel needs to "warm up" before working correctly. However, it's not precisely cold right now where it's located at!

We can't replace it with a new MP277 Touch because we don't have the program in WinCC, as I understand it, you'd have to convert it to make it work on an MP277 Touch. Has anybody had any similar issues? Any ideas?

Thanks!

Sounds like the contacts to the touch screen are wonky.
It may work more or less now, but such things may be a sign that the contacts are about to fail completely.

Yes, you are out of luck with respect to uploading and downloading to a different type panel.

If you are brave enough, you can have the panel serviced in order to try and fix the contacts.
However, even if this cures the problem for now, in the long run you need a useful backup.
The good thing about the programs in the S7 PLCs is that newer generation CPUs are backwards compatible with previous generation CPUs. No can do with the panels.
You should try to contact the original supplier in order to have the HMI program migrated to a newer panel.

Had the same problem with a TP270.
A firmware update solved it. You would need the project, as it needs to be downloaded again after the update.