CPU315 & Tp177micro

Bass

Hello plc-talkers, i'm the newbie..đź“š

I have a cpu315 and I wanted to buy a touch panel for it,
so I checked ebay and I bid fast on a tp177... what I didn't check is the 'micro' after the tp177 (okay, stupid, I know o_O)
So it doesnt work on the cpu315 only on S7-200's

The problems begin... so do my questions!

1. Is there a solution to connect the tp177micro to the cpu315?
Or is this absolutely not possible?
I need to use the cpu315 because i have a lot of outputs
at this.

2. maybe this is a solution?:
If I buy a S7-200 (for example the 212), can I connect
the cpu212, the touchscreen and the cpu315 in a network, so
the TP communicates with the s7-200 and this one
changes the output on the cpu315
the cpu315?

MANY MANY THANKS !!
GĂĽnther

Trying to figure it out without buying the good parts won't save you money at the end

i strongly advide that you replace it with any other non micro panel.
Micro panel are almost the same as non micro but get a leanner soft and firmware to get a cheaper price. (there is less than 50$ i think in between)

what kind of communication port is it availaible on your 300 ?

The problem is serial communication of both is different: 200 talk PPI serial and 300 MPI or DP usually built in

the only way i see would be to buy a 212 with a separate profibus module. Connecting the 212 via profibus to the 315 and passing throu your HMI data to the 212 and program wincc with 212 serial connection protocol and tags.
212 need microwin soft to get programmed (not step7)
Wincc doesn't support microwin integration so tags need to be doubled in the plc and wincc to make it works
I forget cabling cost

At the end it will cost more than discarting for free your micro hmi and buying a new one that works. Time to make it work will be also painless compared to keep the micro

IT's fine to look for options but if someone do that in my company, i will kick is *** closer to the exit door......:)

Hello,
Thanks Jeff23spl and JesperMP for the reply!

It is not for a company it is for myself @ home. So I have to kick my own **** !!

I want to build my own domotics (home automation). I have experience with programming plc's but not so much with the hardware configuration of it!

Ok, I think i gonna buy a tp170a that fits my cpu315 (6es7 315-1af02-0ab0). But a question to be sure:

The cpu has only one communication port MPI on the front.
So, can I connect the S7-programmer to it and and the tp170a?
With a double connector like this? http://www.automation-drive.com/cms/uploads/090715/1_172910_1_lit.jpg

GĂĽtnher

i hope you got your 315 for cheap price because it's a bit huge for home domotic. I got a 224xp to do that job for a quarter of the price of a 315 but didn't get time to complete the project yet

The TP170a is an older model but it's suppose to work fine either with Protool or Wincc flex if you update the firmware