Proface AGP-3500T-CA1M with Kollmorgen S303 Drive CANopen ?s

jjh1982

I have a Proface AGP-3500T-CA1M with a Kollmorgen S303 Drive with version 3.00 firmware uploaded.

To start, has anyone had much luck setting these drives up using CAN-PDO's and a Proface?🤞🏻

I have had success with SDOs in motion, and a mix of SDOs and PDOs(Controlwords,Statuswords). No luck with Profile Position Mode using only PDOs. I am able switch modes, reference my drive, then switch back to profile position mode-then I start getting warnings(n04,n08 are two that I remember)!o_O

In my experience, Kollmorgen drives are a pain to work with, no matter the protocol(one exception being analog commands!).

Also, I have had to modify many EDS files when importing to Proface! I haven't found many EDS files, even by the same manufacturer, across platforms, that share much in common by the standard!:unsure:

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

I am here. Not much experience with Siemens, but plenty with Proface and CAN. Any specific questions?

Thanks for the response- if I post an .EDS file can you see if you can import it in to Proface?
I think Im running into the same problem you had with Kollmorgen. I would like to understand what you had to modify.

Last edited:
I must have just missed your post
Here's the file
Let me know what you think
I had to change the file extension- just change it back to .eds

THANKS

Looks good to me; usually GP-Pro will squawk if there is an issue-no issues importing. What Pro-face software(and version) are you using?

Never mind, I will take a look at it today. No issues importing...actually plenty! It could just be structure/syntax of the eds.