Wiring Analog

Bobbias

Ok, so I've kinda abandoned the servo project.

Anyway, I'm trying to figure out how to wire up an OADM20I4470/S14C. I've got a 1746-NI4 analog input on a SLC5/04, that I'd like to wire it to, but I'm not quite sure how to wire things.

The OADM has + and 0v input, but only 1 output (well, 2, but either 0-10V or 4-20ma, and only 1 wire for each.)

So With the input card having + and - in, as well as a common, I'm not really sure how I'm supposed to wire that.

I've looked at the 1746-um005_-en-p.pdf on the AB website, but the diagrams aren't exactly helpful, since this doesn't fall under any of the things shown there.

I have that on a sheet of paper right here. I even made myself the proper cord (we have a 5 conductor shieled cable that I stripped down, and wired to the connector).

What I'm trying to figure out is what I do with the + and - inputs and the common on the NI4, with the wires coming out of the OADM, since it has only 1 wireoutput, but 2 wire power.

page 36 of http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1746-um005_-en-p.pdf shows some diagrams, but none of them fit with this sensor. It doesn't have a ground connection to tie to the - end of the supply, but it does have a 0v. Would I just tie the 0v in of the sensor to the - power supply, and tie that in to the -in on the NI4?

looks like you place the supply voltage on V+(BN) and 0(BU).

connect the analog output to in + and the 0(BU) to in -

you can always test this by applying the supply voltage V+(BN) and 0(BU). and using a meter check the MA output from 0(BU) to either analogI(BK) or analogU(GY).

I'm betting it's analogI(BK).

Last edited: