Siemens S5 RS232 adapter

glpdrumerx

Hello everyone, we still have many PC's with siemens S5 running in our facility. None of our new laptops have a serial port. Has anyone had any luck with a USB to serial adapter that will work with Siemens S5 software.

Yes, i use the typical converter USB-Serial. The only thing that I notice is that must be the one that use "USB profilic drivers" (something like that in the device manager), her other generic one didn't work.

The "prolific" converter I used with S5, S7 and allen-bradley.

Its hit and miss... but it also depends on the software, if you use Step5 or an after market

I have switched to S 5 for Windows and do not have any issues using a Keyspan adapters and have used Step5 with it... that said I have had a customer try it and we tried MANY different options/settings and did not have any luck and gave up, but same PC and PLC with S5 for Windows worked perfect.