MicroLogix Question

mautry

Hello all, kinda new to this. I've got a program that I would like to add a control for operators to adjust the amount of time an operation takes. Right now the time is controlled by an internal timer but the time needs to be adjustable. I'm thinking a readout with a knob or buttons to adjust. I can add an external timer and accomplish it but I know it can be done another way.

Hello and welcome to the forum.

A small HMI would be one solution, depending on your budget. The type of MicroLogix that you have will determine what communications port(s) are available. Is there any other data that you would like to display or input? It might be tough to justify the cost of a small HMI for one timer setpoint. Maybe this would an opportunity to make other information available to the operators as well?

I might suggest a PanelView 300 Micro, although this would also require PanelBuilder 32 editing software. http://www.ab.com/en/epub/catalogs/12762/2181376/1239781/1670480/1681260/tab4.html

The PanelView Plus Component would also be a cost efficient solution. http://www.ab.com/en/epub/catalogs/12762/2181376/1239781/1670480/8663238/index.html

These are just a couple of solutions from Allen Bradley. There are plenty of other HMI's out there as well.

Hope this helps move you forward...

I am exactly in the same situation...I am using a ML1000 to control a piece of equipment, and I am trying to control 3 timers using a PV 300 Micro.
In have built small applications in the past such as, Counters, Alarm banners, and start/stop stations.

This time, I am trying to control three timers using the PV 300 micro.
I am attaching the program of what I have come up with so far. This may give you an idea, and maybe you guys with more experience can guide us on the right path.

I am exactly in the same situation...I am using a ML1000 to control a piece of equipment, and I am trying to control 3 timers using a PV 300 Micro.
In have built small applications in the past such as, Counters, Alarm banners, and start/stop stations.

This time, I am trying to control three timers using the PV 300 micro.
I am attaching the program of what I have come up with so far. This may give you an idea, and maybe you guys with more experience can guide us on the right path.

Instead of writing directly to the timers preset. I would write to an integer first. This allows you to check the value for a valid number, set limits if necessary, then use a mov instruction the move that value to the timers preset.

Depending on the configuration you can use the start button.
Each time they press it(while the system is on)a second is added to the timer value.
Of course you can't go on adding forever, you eventually have to loop back to a starting point. This may cause a bigger change than you want.
If you have two buttons you can use them for increase and decrease.
You don't always need an HMI.

Increase.jpg