Backnet protocol converter

Jeff23spl

Do anyone know a good universal programmable converter from any standard protocol like Modbus RTU or Profibus DP or maybe Ethernet TCP to Backnet serial

I would like to convert an Emerson Unidrive to Backnet and this drive (AS far as i know) just gives standard comm protocol with option modules

are you using the Ethernet model or the serial?

i just see general info that doesn't tell what is comming in to be transformed to Backnet in the spec

It can do both. It comes standard with 1 RS232 port, 1 RS485 port, and 1 ethernet port.

I assume that your Modbus would come into the RS485 port. You can then go BacNet IP out the ethernet port, or buy the expansion card that will give you a second RS485 port for BacNet MSTP (serial).

...or you can bring your Modbus RTU in through the RS232 port, but that's probably not the best way to do it.

Last edited:
You will need to get a list of Modbus addresses for the data coming in and map them to BacNet addresses for the data going out.

The 'program' file is transferred to the Datastation via USB cable.