siemens TP27 urgent help

harrydeharry

We had a siemens TP27 installed on one of our machine, I never worked on this before I dont know how to start. the technician says that all the data of this HMI need to be reloaded on it after coping from another machine, It displays that ready for data transfer.
I dont know software I need to upload the data from another machine and how to download on it.
thanks in advance for help

I download it and made the cable as I see on the HMI it has written only TP27 but in the prosave we have TP27-6 and TP27-10 I tried with both with a 57600 buadrate but it says check your hard ware cable etc. I checked the cable connection found ok. I tried woth shorting of pin 5 and 10 of 15 pin D connector as I read on of your post in "mrplc". TP27 MONO is written on the Back side of the HMI. there are two 15 pin connector on the rear of it one marked with PLC and one with config/printer I hope config/printer should be used for the backup of programe, I tried on both but no use.
Can you help me on this. which model is this TP27-6 or TP27-10
Thanks in advance

... Can you help me on this. which model is this TP27-6 or TP27-10
Thanks in advance

TP27-6 = 6 inch display
TP27-10 = 10 inch display... so you can answer your own question. With it being MONO I'd guess its the TP27-6 (6AV3 627-1NK00-2AX0) ;)

Siemens always cause headaches when it comes to communicating with their gear!
Good luck.

Last edited:
please help on this how should I proceed as I never worked on this before , Which connector should I connect and will it directy start of some setting on the HMI for data transfer some mode activation etc
Thanks in advance

dear silva thanks for your help, as I am quite new on this so I am bit more consious on this. as I have made the cable and it seems communicating to the HMI because when I put the HMI in serial transfer mode and click on my laptop on start backup it get started and says 0 file opened and in the HMI massage comes 0 file transfer intialted. earlier it was saying that cable is faulty etc. I correct the same.

I want to ask here that when I see the massage on HMI that it is ready to serial transfer should I click "OK" which is just above the boot botton (It may be a stupid question) then I should click on laptop to start backup? I want to assure that during this I will not loose the data of this HMI.
Thanks

i never worked with a tp27 but you usually with tp270 or 277, you need to configure first in the window based inside the hmi which comm port and config you will use for project transfert to match your setup.
you put the hmi in transfert mode and leave it this way
do transfert from laptop and your done

I do these step with original wincc flex file availaible to be downloaded but loading it from another hmi with prosave should work the same way if both screen are identical and use the same firmware.....

''Siemens always cause headaches when it comes to communicating with their gear!'':I feel like that when i use other stuff than Siemens.....especially AB RSlinx :)