Crimson 3.0 Custom Webpage/Tag index question

rberghammer

Hey everybody, I have been working on a data collection project with a Red Lion DSP and have some questions about Crimson 3.0.

I have been playing with HTML to create a custom webpage and was wondering if it was possible to bypass the "Edit Complete" page when data is entered. I know it needs to go to the scripts/write-tags page to send the data, but I was hoping there would be a way to not show the page when the user submits data.

Also, does anyone how to reset the index values in the Crimson tag database? I didn't put the tags in order when I started the project, now the index values are all over the place. I have tried copying the tags to a new database, but they retain their index values. The only thing I found that resets the index is exporting the tags and importing them into a new database, but then the data source is lost and they all become internal tags.

Update:

I figured out how to disable the confirmation page. Apparently I need to learn to read the manual more carefully.

Just had to insert this parameter along with the input code:

<input type=hidden name=silent value=1>

Still working on the tag index problem though.

Hey everybody, I have been working on a data collection project with a Red Lion DSP and have some questions about Crimson 3.0.

I have been playing with HTML to create a custom webpage and was wondering if it was possible to bypass the "Edit Complete" page when data is entered. I know it needs to go to the scripts/write-tags page to send the data, but I was hoping there would be a way to not show the page when the user submits data.

Also, does anyone how to reset the index values in the Crimson tag database? I didn't put the tags in order when I started the project, now the index values are all over the place. I have tried copying the tags to a new database, but they retain their index values. The only thing I found that resets the index is exporting the tags and importing them into a new database, but then the data source is lost and they all become internal tags.

The index numbers are how C3 (and C2) keeps up with the tags through out the database - it doesn't use the tagname. Changing the index number would be difficult and dangerous. I suspect it would require Red Lion to write a program that would first allow you to change the index of a tag and then it would have to renumber all the ones after it. While doing the renumbering, it would have to keep up with the original index and the new index and then make a single pass through the database updating the old index with the new one. It would also have to be careful to avoid ever having duplicate index numbers. As you might imagine, this would be harder than it sounds.

You are correct, the only way to get the indexes to reset is to export and import. To avoid having the mappings lost, make sure to set up the communications, and name the device the same, in the new database prior to importing.

Regards,
Dan

Thanks for the info. Now that you mention it, I did forget to set up the comm paths when I tried exporting/importing the tags. I'm working the night shift right now, my brain isn't exactly working at full speed.