FIX32 Data Display

DCM411

I have three CompactLogix controllers from which I need to acquire data and display on my SCADA. The data originating in the PLC is off by a factor of 10 and I would prefer to handle the math operation in FIX32 if it's possible. Anyone know how to do that?

Fix32 has calculation blocks ("calc") to do this. Just next block your analog data
to the calc block.

I would fix the number in the PLC. Why is it off by a factor of ten?

If it is an integer you could just rescale it by a factor 10 in the Analog input block.

Everything coming from the 3 controllers is DINT as programmed by a third party. So to display the data correctly I need one decimal place, therefore the need for dividing by 10. I am actually integrating these three controllers and am supplying a master controller. The customer would prefer to have the SCADA look directly at the 3 controllers for display purposes rather than pass to my controller and then display. Thanks, Mickey, looks like I'll be using the CALC block in FIX32.

You probably don't have to go as far as using a calc block. Just use an expression in your display. Tagname/10. I assume this is an integer in the PLC? This is pretty common and is called an implied decimal point.