Master/Outstation Simulator

Oceansoul

Does anyone know what this might refer to? As part of my apprentiship i have complete what we call "segment books" and "Maintaince and/or testing or Master/Outstation Simulator" is one of my segments in a segment book about telemetry. Unfortunatly no one in our ICA department where i work really knows what that is :confused: neither do the people who manage the apprentiship and issue the segments. The segment books are from the 80's.

Just wondering if anyone could guess maybe what i could claim it as lol

p.s. this isnt me ask anyone to do any work for me.

Please don't take this as a sarcastic answer, but have you read the book? Generally, the coursebooks include a glossary defining the jargon.

Given that you're talking about telemetry, I would expect that "outstation" refers to the remote unit from which you're gathering data. If that's correct, then "master" probably refers to the unit that stores the data gathered from the outstations. You can look up "simulator" in just about any dictionary.

Of course, outstation could be an outhouse on a sheep station in the outback or possibly a railroad terminal in the town of Out in Sus***.

Please don't take this as a sarcastic answer, but have you read the book? Generally, the coursebooks include a glossary defining the jargon.

Given that you're talking about telemetry, I would expect that "outstation" refers to the remote unit from which you're gathering data. If that's correct, then "master" probably refers to the unit that stores the data gathered from the outstations. You can look up "simulator" in just about any dictionary.

Of course, outstation could be an outhouse on a sheep station in the outback or possibly a railroad terminal in the town of Out in Sus***.

We arnt given any kind of course books lol just a bunch of segment books. Its usually down to the guys we work with that explain the segments, but no one quite understands this one. Ive claimed it based pretty much on what you have said. The outstation as a RTU on a reservior and the master station in the control room, simulating the level from the res whilst the phone line is down.....