Citect beginner

ALAN001

Have only just started to learn Citect SCADA and have only done a basic course so far and cant apply a TAG value to a file name for individual file storage.

So

o_O

Thanks for the reply tragically 1969

The problem I am having is trying to put a TAG value into a file save function to create individual file names, rather than creating a report and ending up with one great big file.

Reports with citect are fine unitil they get to big to open with PageRichTextFile function to which I have found.

I hope you can help

You still are not maikng much sense to be honest, describe step by step EXACTLY what are you trying to do.

What is the limitation you are finding with the reports ?

If you want to record data for review in Citect look at using trends, you can export these to .CSV files or straight into Excel

Do you just need to get data out of Citect, you could use DDE straight to Excel.

Right, just read your other thread, think i know what you want to do, dont know why you think you need to do this to store tag values but hey, thats your choice

To add a number to the filename you just need to add the data you want from your LONG value to your filename, so you could do something like this:

filenumber is you LONG data type which contains the number or data that you wish to append to your filename

IntToStr converts a number to a string then it just gets added to the string with the + symbol.

Just run the function Copy() from a button for testing and then you can decide when this needs to run.

Hope this helps

FUNCTION Copy()
FileCopy ("C:\Data\Report.rtf","C:\File\Storage\Report"+IntToStr(Filenumber)+".rtf" ,0)
END

Thanks for the help there tragically1969

Thats exactly what I needed to do, Its so every time a batch report is created it can be saved wuth its own batch number and found later via the batch number

Thanks again

Thats write I have used FormNumPad funtion to create a file recovery number and a PageRichTextFile function to open the file again with the same syntax as tragically1969 gave me. just for those people who read this thread in the future

Thank again

tragically1969

I have been trying to create a cicode function to say M100 comes on to do the FileCopy function but having no luck so far.
Was going to use an event but not enough room in event box.

Any other possible solutions would be much appreciated

Lots of ways to do this and it depends how long M100 will be on for but you could just run the function from the event with the trigger as M100, it will get checked every second.

Cant do an Event as the syntax is to long to go in the event box hence the reason trying to possibly use cicode

Thanks
Alan

You are misunderstanding, use the event to call the function, you dont need the full syntax in the event, in the event just have Copy() or whatever you ended up calling the function, when the event runs it will run the fumction.

Only just had a chance to try this, It works fine.

Thanks for help hope I can be of some use one day