Siemens CPU315-2PN/DP communicating BW500

recycled_mind

Dear All,

May I know if anybody here has a set-up like this? A siemens CPU315-2DP communicating with Siemens BW500 Belt weigher integrator over profibus dp. Can you share how can I extract totaliser and flow-rate data from the BW500? What specific adress should I call?

Thanks,
Alex

Last edited:
I finally capture the data coming from BW500 weigher integrator. Using a data block, I was able to store the flowrate and totaliser data into my CPU315-2PN/DP CPU.
What is my problem now is how to be able to display the actual reading of the BW500 integrator into the PLC CPU?
Example, The BW500 weigher integrator flowrate is stored in DB2.DBD2
Flowrate is DINT data type
On the BW500 weigher integrator, the actual flowrate is 35.123 t/hr
I can capture only a value of 35123 into my PLC and stored to DB2.DBD2
Anybody can help me on how to manipulate this data so that decimal point will be readable to DB2.DBD2?
What S7 instructions should I use? I'm trying to use DIV_I by dividng the raw data (35123) by 1000 but it can't indicate the decimal places. The result will be rounded off to 35.
Please help if anyone knows.

Best regards,
Alex PS

Di_r

Use the conversion Double Int to Real and then use DIV_R by 1000.0 to get it into a floating point number that you can use...