Panasonic plc password protected

Kingiie1973

Hello
I have a FPO panasonic plc in a chineses built machine that doesnt function the way its suppose to. When I try and get online it asks for a password.
Ive tried contacting the machine builder and they are telling me that they wont give us the password or a copy of the code because its theres under copy write!
Is there any way of cracking the password or is there a master password? Its asking for a 4 digit hex password

Thanks for any help offered!

If an OEM chooses to apply a password to the PLC program controlling their machine, that's their right. If you disagree, you have the choice of purchasing a machine from someone else who doesn't use passwords or negotiting with the OEM to release their password to you.

If the machine used to work properly and no longer does, it's probably not because of something in the PLC program. If it has never worked properly, then you should have a warranty claim against the OEM.

Notice that none of the remedies I've suggested involve providing you with a method to bypass the OEM's password. Don't expect one from this site.

Steve

Thanks for your thoughts! I understand that the OEM has the right to put a password and I am not trying to do the wrong thing by them! But it would have been good to have known prior to arrival in Aus that this was the case!

The machine hasnt been right since we recieved it a few months ago! We have tried to talk thru with the machine supplier what our issues are and am not getting any where. They just keep sending back dumb suggestions back that all end with take a photo of the hmi!

We are already discussing the option of starting from scratch and rewriting the code. I dont know if youve ever dealt with Companies from China, Once they have your money you dont get any support In my experience.
It worth noting that the machine was purchased by the production department without any consulation with us.
Cheers
e

Not knowing the particulars about this situation it is hard to say what is the best way to proceed. It would be nice to just dump the problem back to the production department and let them work it out with the machine supplier. If that is not possible, then I would suggest buying a second CPU and develop a working program based on what is working correctly now. A third option would be get a PLC brand and platform that you are familiar with and start from scratch. Personally, I would go with the third option, since I don't know anything about the Panasonic PLC's.