panelview 300 to micrologix 1200

wayne012

Hi everyone, this is my first post, I have to connect a panelview 300 to a micrologix 1200 but every single time I try I had the error 686 PanelView Offline, I tried almost all possible combinaisons and still the same error. So anyone can help me?

The golden rule with all PanelView questions is to provide us with the complete
catalog number of your PV.
Also tell us what cable you are using between the PV and the ML1200.

Ok. Your PV supports DF1 protocol.
Your ML1200' s serial port needs to be configured for DF1 protocol.( this is the default)
The cable you have is a null-modem cable. The cable you need should be a straight thru cable AB# 2711-NC21. Or you can put a null-modem adapter on the end of your 1761-CBL-PM02 cable to turn it into a straight thru.

Baud rates for your PV and ML1200 should match.

Ok. Your PV supports DF1 protocol.
Your ML1200' s serial port needs to be configured for DF1 protocol.( this is the default)
The cable you have is a null-modem cable. The cable you need should be a straight thru cable AB# 2711-NC21. Or you can put a null-modem adapter on the end of your 1761-CBL-PM02 cable to turn it into a straight thru.

Baud rates for your PV and ML1200 should match.

If I understand correctly, the problem would come from the cable I use?

Ok, I just recieve the right cable(2711-NC21) and tried to connect my plc to the panelview and nothing happen, still have the same 686 error

Ok, I just recieve the right cable(2711-NC21) and tried to connect my plc to the panelview and nothing happen, still have the same 686 error

Are you able to connect to the PV using RSLinx?
Check the channel configuration in both the ML1200 and PV, make sure the baud rate is the same.

If you can post your ML1200's .RSS file and your PV's .PVA file.

Zip them first then post.

Are you able to connect to the PV using RSLinx?
Check the channel configuration in both the ML1200 and PV, make sure the baud rate is the same.

If you can post your ML1200's .RSS file and your PV's .PVA file.

Zip them first then post.

Yes I can conntect de PV using RSLinx, but I can't post de .rss ams .pva files.

I tried all the baud rate possible of PV

Ok, can you post a screen shot of your ML1200 and PV comm setup?

Does your ML1200 have one com port or two? Post the screen shot of the port you are using for the PV.

See pictures below for an example

ML1200_Default.jpg PV_COMM_Setup.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, can you post a screen shot of your ML1200 and PV comm setup?

Does your ML1200 have one com port or two? Post the screen shot of the port you are using for the PV.

See pictures below for an example

My ML1200 has only one com port.

Here's my screen shot of my ML1200 and PV comm setup.

ML1200_Default.jpg PV_COMM_Setup.jpg

HMMM?

Here is a Knowledgebase article about the error. I can't open it ( no tech connect contract) but it does say something about enabling the handshaking.

17184 - 686 PanelView offline
Error 686, loss of communications. 1. Check cable connections and DF1 setup in the PV and the PLC. 2. Wire up the hardware handshaking lines and enable handshaking in the...
Access Level: TechConnect