storage card, Siemens MP370

ason

Hey i want to make a trend on a
Siemens MP370 15 TOUCH 6AV6545-0DB10-0AX0
And need a storage card

MP370 have USB-PC-card and CF-card,

i wonder if i can use a regular USB-stick or do i need to buy from siemens.
and if so, what is recommended, i need 128MB

mp370.jpg

We used to buy the CF cards from Siemens. Now we just get an aftermarket (SanDisk) CF card. These can be found at almost any electronics/camera store.

For MP370 you can use any CF card up to 512 MByte.
MP370 not support USB stick.
http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/21847868
Windows CE 3.0 (MP370):

• Memory cards with capacities of up to 512 MB.
  • USB sticks cannot be used.
Windows CE 5.0 (MP377):

• Memory cards with capacities of up to 2 GB.
  • USB sticks can be used.
    No difference between USB connections. There is no guarantee that "Storage Card USB" or "Storage Card USB2" will be assigned to a stick.

We used to buy the CF cards from Siemens. Now we just get an aftermarket (SanDisk) CF card.
Siemens resell SanDisk CF card with 6AV** label :)

Last edited:
We used to buy the CF cards from Siemens. Now we just get an aftermarket (SanDisk) CF card. These can be found at almost any electronics/camera store.

Yes, the "Siemens" card really is just a SanDisk card with a Siemens P/N. Problem is, it's not easy finding 512MB cards anymore. It may be easier to buy it from Siemens (about $70)than spend the time finding it retail.

That said, on TP270s I *have* used larger than 512MB cards, I've used 1 MB and 2 MB cards. You get an error message when it goes into runtime, and it's "unsupported" by the hotline, but it does seem to work and seems to write data just fine.

I just did one of these, literally yesterday. It's true you'll get that error message and it will ask if you want to correct the size error. If you do, it will make the database stop working. I just erased everthing on the card though, and the HMI re-created the database just fine. Also, if you have trouble getting the logging to work, remember that the CF-card slot is seen by the HMI as "StorageCard2".
Cheers!

Maybe, maybe not.

Sandisk is the worlds largest flash card manufacturer, and they make many different versions, including industrial grade ones.
Is there a type no somewhere on the Sandisk card ?
The "I" in "SDCFIR-XXX-388" is for "Industrial".

So maybe there is difference between siemens and regular sandisk card,

I did not look what was under the siemens label,
if i get a chance i will take a look..