Programming Help

Wolfi

Hi All, I was wondering would anyone have a solution to the following. I'am working on a project where I have set up 30 buttons on my Scada package with each representing a data number. Is there any quick way that I can select one button while automatically resetting the remaining buttons ie I only want one button active at any time. I'am trying to avoid using 29 resets for each line of the 30 numbers. Appreciate any help. Thanks - Wolfi

Program the memory adresses for the buttons in adjacant adresses:
M10.0 ... M10.7 ... M11.0 ... M11.7 etc.
Then Program a MOVE instruction as the last thing in your program.
Move the value 0 into the words (defined as INTs) that you have used for the button adresses.

This will also clear one potential problem:
That a button will "hang" in the program because of communication problems.

Use your buttons to generate a single read from a specified source and write it to a single "working register".

Have your application use the "working register". Your application doesn't even need to "know" that you have multiple data values.

If you push "Button-X" then "1234" is loaded into the working register. You might need to set a flag to indicate that a new value has been loaded.

If you push "Button-Y" then "5678" is loaded into the working register. You might need to set a flag to indicate that a new value has been loaded.

Your application simply works with what is in the working register.

If necessary, you can have an automatic routine that zero's the register.

It is not necessary to write any code in the plc program for what you need.

Use the Option box / Option group in WinCC.

It's not buttons, but will do the same job.

Search from WinCC help by "Option group"

Best regards,

TS

And if you still want to use buttons you still don't have to write single line of plc program.

1. Make as many buttons as you need.

2. Write value to a tag when button pressed
- Button->Object properties->Events->Mouse->Press/release left
->Write value to tag.

3. Make the button of the current value "active"
- Change the color of the button dynamically by the value of a tag
Button->Object properties->Properties->Colors->Background color
->Dynamic value ranges->Set the ON color if the tag=value of
that button and OFF color if the value is other.

If you have used WinCC you should understand what I mean.

TS

Wolfi,

I don't completely understand what you're willing to do. If you could explane it a little bit more in detail then I could write some example code in WinCC format for you.

Rudi