trending digital signal

panthripu

Hi guys
I am trying to configure on digital signal to see the trends in Wincc but i am not able to get it.Is it possible to see digital signal in trends.If yes , how ?

This needs a bit more information from you. Type of digital signal, what property of the signal you are trying to determine the trend for.

I had one project where we were counting the number of times and the duration of fault conditions that existed in a machine. The trends were quite simply plotted for that aspect and showed that the fault frequency and durations would increase as certain parts of the machine collected more and more fine shavings of material. Beyond a certain point they would shut down the machine to give it all a good clean.

digital trend

actually i want to configure the digital signal for trouble shooting purpose.Some times we need to see at a particular part of time what was say.. reference or feedback.
In winCC when we configure trends we put the tag where the address of the analog value is written.
If I have a tag with digital address and i connect it to the trend. It doesnt work

Just speculating, but a digital signal is either 0 or 1, right?

The trend graph has to have a scale. What's the default scale?

If the default scale is 0-100, a zero state will trend at the bottom of trend graph, and the 1 will be a 1% of the trend graph.

Can either be distinguished on a trend graph?