Another Quick Pro Jr. question

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all, I have a Quick Pro Jr and SL5/03. I'm using Quick Design 3.7. The HMI was programmed and working fine. I need to make changes as the PLC has undergone some changes. I'm trying to view all of the panels that are in the program, currently. When I open Quick Manager and then Panels, it only displays the first panel. How do I veiw the other panels that I know are there (pressing "go to" buttons) but do not show up on the program on my laptop? Also, when I go to the "Tags" page, it lists a lot of bit addresses (eg. B3/351 and then B41:0/0) that are not described and when I go to the ladder that it is interfaced with, those bit addresses don't exist. These bit addresses are what interface the HMI with the PLC, right? I can't upload the HMI program to this site. Thank you for your help.

Look for a folder icon below the menu bar. Clicking it should give a list of all the screens. You can choose the screen to work with there.

Regarding unlisted addresses in the 'Tags' page: this tends to collect any tag ever used in producing this project, and it seems to treat Upper Case and lower case versions of the same tag separately. It's very literally minded.

At one point I had to weed this out by a laborious process. (We don't use it now so I'm not sure if this applies to you. And I'm not at work so I can't check quickly.) In the 'Tags' page I deleted all the tags (a scary procedure I admit). Then I went to each and every page. In each I opened one control as if for editing then 'saved' it, don't just escape or close it. When I was done the 'Tags' page was populated only with the tags currently being used. This has fixed a few problems we had.

once you are on the panels screen just click on file n the top left corner then "open". it will give you a list of the available screens. I wouldnt worry about the tags if the program is running fine. just make your additions and be done with it.

here's a "forum tip" that will help you too ...

don't start a brand new thread everytime you have another question about the same subject (for example: the same HMI) ...

just "reply" to the end of your original thread (on the same subject) - and ask your next question that way ... that makes it easier for everyone to keep track of what you're doing ...

wish I could help you out with this Quick Pro Jr. piece of the puzzle - but I've never even seen one ... you're in good hands with the guys that are responding ...

Thanks a lot guy's. That did it. I read through the entire manual and couldn't find that answer, and it's a BIG manual. When I tried downloading the original program to the display it wouldn't let me because it said most of my tags were not valid. This I believe is what you were talking about when you said you deleted tags, etc... . Appreciate the help.

I want to make sure I understand this correctly. If I have a bit address B54:1/0 on my ladder and it is for, say an overtemp alarm, I use that exact same bit address for an alarm on the QP Jr display as well, right? Thank you

Right though sometimes an HMI shows the bit separator different than the PLC programming package. Check that out with various bit tags you saw in the 'Tags' page. I can't check right now. Maybe Monday.

I want to make sure I understand this correctly. If I have a bit address B54:1/0 on my ladder and it is for, say an overtemp alarm, I use that exact same bit address for an alarm on the QP Jr display as well, right? Thank you

no need to reinvent the wheel. I am sure your qp app already has something similar to what you want to do programmed on it. copy it, paste it, change the address and any identifying text and thats that.

I was able to write program and compile it successfully, thank you for your help with that. My next obstacle is, I can't download it. It keeps telling me to check to see that my cable is plugged-in. I purchased the cable that the mfgr told me to (very expensive cable). I have read and re-read instructions in manual, communicate with the plc no problem, however the Quick Design program I created wont download. Any ideas? Thank you

On you computer, starting from the root of the C drive, look for the 'Quick' folder. Min's in the root directory but yours may be elsewhere.

In that folder look for QUIKCOUR.HLP. That's the help file for the download. Check it out for possibilities.

Do you get any specific messages other than the cable check? What is the behavior?

If have found that cycling the diplay power after the download command has been given will trigger it.

Is the cable plugged into a tru on-boarc serial port?

Make sure AB's RSLinx isn't running at all.

Last edited:
this is just a GUESS – but it shouldn't take long to check it out ...

make sure that RSLinx isn't still running and "hogging" the COM port that you're trying to use for your download ...

usually RSLinx automatically installs to run as a "Service" – so you might have to shut it off there ... from the Windows "Start" menu go to Programs/Rockwell Software/RSLinx/RSLinx Classic Launch Control Panel ...

turn off "Always Run As Service" and then Stop RSlinx ... you MIGHT have to reboot the computer ...

Those settings were in the manual so I tried that. I just spoke with GE Fanuc tech and he had me change "courier utillities" to 9600 baud (sent from the factory it's like 38400). Going to give it a shot. Thanks for the help.