Help Reading programs in RsLogix500

bornwild

Hello

I am fresh graduate and new to this forum as well. I am really new to rslogix and just want to interpret the logic .I am just interested in understanding the logix as the programs are already there . My Job is just troubleshooting if there is problem in the plant. So i just need to know what signals are missing from the sensors and stuff like that. Hoping for a good reply from you all. Cheers everyone.

PS: I am a fresh instrumentation engineer so please provide tips and how do go about my job. :)

Welcome to plctalk.net

Do you have any examples that you are trying to learn? anything that stumped you on your job?

Troubleshooting is the hardest thing to do as the program was not done by you and you have to try and think of why they did something that way... but troubleshooting is also the best work, you get a great sence of accomplishment once you figure it out.

Try clicking on the link at the top of the page 'learn PLC's' and also post some of the questions you run across

Best regards!!

welcome to the forum ...

it will be most helpful IF (that's a big IF) you're allowed to post any program files (RSS extension) that are giving you problems ... sometimes the owner of the programs considers them to be PROPRIETARY or TRADE SECRET type information - so CHECK FIRST before you post anything ... but if you're allowed to post them, just ZIP the files first and attach them to your "question" posts and detailed help will be available very soon ...

what types of systems are you going to be working with mostly? ... for examples: water treatment, manufacturing control, or something else? ...

I am a fresh instrumentation engineer so please provide tips and how do go about my job.

there are TWO - equally important - keys to success:

1. WHAT you know ... and
2. WHO knows that you know it ...

so keep a careful list of EVERYONE who seems to be impressed with anything that you do ... you never can tell when that list will come in handy ...

Last edited: