wonderware 10.0, abtcp driver, digi one iap, micrologix 1500

diat150

Lifetime Supporting Member
im trying to get a wonderware application to talk to a micrologix 1500 thru a digi one iap. I can see and go online with the micrologix 1500 thru the digi no problems but the wonderware driver abtcp doesnt seem to connect. I see some activity on the lan side but never really see it try and connect on the serial side. It almost seems like a port issue. I see a port setting in the digi that is set to 2222. im trying to find which port the intouch driver abtcp uses. anyone have any ideas?

If I understand correctly, the digi one iap harware and software emulates a serial port on your PC. Your PC application writes to this emulated serial port and the iap software gets this data sends it over ethernet to the ipa hardware, which turns it back to serial data, connected to the serial port on the PLC.

The WW ABTCP driver wants to connect to the ethernet port on the PLC directly. Not via a serial port.

You want to install the WW AB Serial Driver on your PC. Just like as if you have a direct serial cable from your PLC serial port to the PLC serial port.

I suggest, if at all possible, get it all running with a serial cable and then put the iap in the loop.

You say the ML1500 can go on-line. Via RSLogix 500, right ? So in RSLinks you have a driver setup and I'll bet it's a Serial driver that specifies an iap serial port, right ?

ok I got it working. just for reference.

had to swap over to dasabcip as the wonderware driver and setup the digi one iap to use ethernet ip instead of abtcp. works like a champ.

ok I got it working. just for reference.

had to swap over to dasabcip as the wonderware driver and setup the digi one iap to use ethernet ip instead of abtcp. works like a champ.

What node type did you have to use to get this working? We are using MI_EN right now and it doesn't seem to work.