Modicon plc choice

Jeff23spl

Hello gang

i have to make controls panel for a Modicon lover company and would like to get your suggestion about which product to use

i have 3 local panels that need to handle on/off and simple analogic control for 3 machines controls. (Usually handlled with a Siemens S7-224, Micrologix 1200/1400) (About 16DI 10DO 4AI 2 RTD)
And receive communication and directives from 1 main panel that will control a simple control loop and starting and stoping priority. (Usually handled by a S7-300 or SLC or Compactlogix)(8DI 8DO 2AI)

Customer would like that we use Unity Software.

By the way local control should have a simple black and white text HMI and the master a 10 inch color touchscreen.

I worked with a Twido plc recently and absolutely disliked the way it works and get programmed with Twidosuite so i would like to use something with a better software and hardwire if it is availaible too

Cost effective is always a concern too(Not to say the first concern...)....

What can you sugest to use in Modican catalog and why

I had the same problem. I tried a twido (with recommendations from the supplier) and hated it. I ended up sending it back and using an AB in place.

I also have a customer that loves Modicon PLC's. Your best bit for a SLC/compact logix controller is the M340. (About the same size and power of the S7-300/compact logix). You could use Momentum I/O in the remote panels (if you don't need a processor).

I don't have the catalog with me for part numbers, but Schneider can be very aggressive in gaining grounds.

I would use an M340 for the main plc and use advantys io for the remote io.
Include an ethernet module (NOE) in the M340 rack and then use Modbus TCP to remote scan the advantys racks

i'm waiting for the 340 price range but i'm considering using it at both level...

I wasn,t in need of a local brain for this but it was already sold with a local brain in the eventuallity of a master failure so i need to make it.....