Communications with 5/04 Allen bradley processor

Juan Stephens

I have a 5/04 allen bradly processor, it has three ways of communication. I want to use the middle port, not the DH+ or the nine pin serial port. I have the cable but I don't know how to configure the driver in Rs links. Can any one help?

Thanks,
Juan Stephens

The SLC5/04 only has two ways to communicate.
Its DH+ port ( the terminal style port and the round port both are DH+ ports wired in parallel with each other) see picture
The serial port (RS232) which can be configured for DF1 protocol, DH485 protocol or ASCII protocol.

What cable(s) do you have and do you know how the serial port is setup?

If you can post the .RSS file and we can help take a look at its com setup.

Zip it first then post.

SLC504comm.jpg

Last edited: