PanelBuilder32 and XP

JohnDruzianic

I have installed Rockwell PanelBuilder32 version 3.83 (newest) onto XP operating system (at the Service Pack 3 Level but without the option to step down to Service Pack 2 by removing SErvice Pack 3).
When I try open an existing Panelview app or create a new one, I get a message:
"Unable to locate dbtemplate.mdb in directory specified by registry or file may be write protected.
You may need to re-install PanelBuilder32".

Neither my application or dbtemplate.mdb are write protected.
I can not locate any reference to dbtemplate.mdb in the registry.
I have re-installed PB32 three times. All virus protection programs etc were off during the install.
Any ideas?

Can I raise this post from the dead and ask if anyone has found an "open to the public" fix? Thanks :D :D

63480 - PanelBuilder32 v3.83 DBTemplate error messages

Access Level: TechConnect (Rockwell really are a bunch of greedy a$%holes. This type of information is free if you use Siemens or Omron)
Date Created: 08/14/2009 05:05 PM
Last Updated: 11/26/2013 03:53 PM

Question:

Why do I get the following error messages when I open up PanelBuilder32?
"Unable to locate dbtemplate.mdb in directory specified by registry or file may be write-protected. You may need to reinstall PanelBuilder32"
"Unable to initialize the tag manager"
"Not enough resource memory to open dialog"
Answer:

This message can occur on Windows 7, Vista, or XP operating systems. It is more likely to occur on a newer operating systems that never had a previous release of PanelBuilder32 on it (or any other software that uses the offending DLL).
PanelBuilder32 v3.83 installs the latest MSJET40.DLL file, but uses API's for the MSJET35.DLL.
Solution:

The above issue has been corrected in PanelBuilder32 v3.83.01.
If for some reason this version does not fix the issue below is a workaround.
Workarounds:

Registering MSJET35.DLL if it is available on the PC.
  1. Go to Start -> Run
  2. Type 'regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\msjet35.dll' w/o quotes.
  3. Click OK.
Note*: If the file is not on your PC, then it can be acquired by an earlier release of PanelBuilder32. MSJET35.DLL is a Microsoft dll and is installed by other products, including Microsoft Office. It can also be downloaded from Microsoft.

You know this short of ***** really pi$$es me off. You own the software (legitimately I hope) and yet Rockwell requires you to pay a subscription just so you can have the pleasure of obtaining the information to repair their bugged software. Software for which you paid money for! And if you didn’t get the information here, if your distributor was unable to help, what could you do? The helpdesk won’t want to know you without a tech connect! They really can eat my...
By the way, happy to help!!!