problems programming in S5

jaakdedraak

I've searched everywhere, the manuals on the siemens webpage, google'ed every possible term i could think of.
I've even searched the honkey-tonks and bars.

but still i can't find a basic list of operations.

Is there anyone here who can help me.

The problems is i got a lot of S5 programs at work programmed in AWL/STL that i need to figure out. There are a lot of commands that i can't figure out.

Thanks,

just to let you understand why info get difficult to find on these, it's because these PLC are actually phased out from few years ago and replaced by newer one.... and the newer one (S7-200) is on the way to be replaced by an S7-1200 to get the 200 phased out in few years also.....

So you will need to ask help from older peoples with white hairs :rolleyes::rolleyes:

sorry for the non helping nature of this post but just in case you would like to think Siemens info is hard to find.....

Last edited:
Hi everybody,

I'm an old man with white hairs............

I've the CD of S5 manual collection [225Mbyte], so if you're interest to get the STL instruction list, please specify for which kynd of CPU and I'll send to you by mail as pdf attached file.

Regards

Last edited:
I don't have the grey hairs yet. However I do have an old hardcopy of the S5 manual. Doubt this would do any good but the order number is 6ES5998-OmA24. If I read this correct the publication is C79000-G8576-C920-02 step 5/ST v7.0 perhaps those numbers will help on search options.

Absolutely yessssss, you can sparky,

In the S5 manual collection there are also the guides of CP,IP module
and many others.....This is not an Siemens official CD.
This CD comes from an seller Siemens.

hey guys, i was just jocking for the white hair by the way

i'm glad that young kid like me (with only 7-8years of programming) can refer to your very usefull knowledge on older products that was less userfriedly than what we can buy now.

the collection of knowledge that this site has helped out on over the 7 to 9 years I've been on this site still astounds me today.