Saving timestamp in SLC 5/04

mutabi

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone had a more elegant way of creating a timestamp for when a certain action occurred.

I have a SLC processor, and when an alarm goes off I am saving the states of various inputs and outputs as we have some oddball stuff happening. Basically looking to find out what inputs are causing the alarm. Cant use latches as the system is too critical and usually by the time I get over there the operators have got the machine running again(and need to get it running quickly). I figured this would be easier. Once the alarm condition is triggered, sound the alarm and move various input/output words to memory with a one shot.

I could use 6 MOV statements and move the S bits to whatever locations. That would give me the date and time. But it seems cumbersome.
Is there an easier/better way to do it?
TIA
John

look at the COP (Copy) instruction ... and if you want to build a "log" of several occurrences, then consider also using Indirect Addressing and a "pointer" to crank the data into successive locations ...

just be sure that the "pointer" doesn't get out of range – and point to a non-existent location ... that will fault the processor ...

the code below should get you started with the main ideas ...

logger_6.JPG

Last edited: