pointer in a db char array

Do you mean you have a pointer to an array of chars stored in a DB and that the pointer is passed to a function and you want to process the array of chars in the function ?

Is that a yes or no to my previous post ?

Post the DB as a screen shot showing it containing the pointer value.

The variable name is ch_ar and it is an array of bytes, not chars. The four bytes at DB1.DBD2 contain an area pointer so to access the data you load the area pointer into an address register and then access the data.

charp.JPG

Similar Topics

I have a word in some DB which I want to load to AR1 and use as a pointer. In order to do this I need to write L DBxy.DBW xy SLD 3 LAR1 I...
Replies
Views
I am trying to access the value of a pointer via OPC UA in Codesys. I can share it directly and in a struct but I cant access the value of it when...
Replies
Views
Why does my deconstruction of the input pointer only work with its own instance DB not inside the multi instance FB...See .doc The pointer at the...
Replies
Views
Hi All, in many library function of TiaPortal some data must be write using the pointer format........ eg.: P#DB90.DBX0.0 WORD 10 is it...
Replies
Views
I have a very strange issue and I cannot figure out why it is not working. I read input of type pointer and store it to local temp type any. I...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom