elementary bit operation problem KTP400 basic

idell

Hi there!
Want to do one elementary operation with KTP400. I have one boolean tag in PLC and want to set it then I push the functional key F1 of KTP400 and reset then I realease the key. In global screen window I programmed Events for F1: Press key: Set Bit [mytag] Release key: Reset Bit [mytag]. After download works only PressKey event and the tag doesn't reset. Who meet this trouble ?

I did it few times.
Far as I remember it work fine.So I guess you miss something.
Try also Invert_Bit.It should do a same.

OK

So use only the SET BIT keep the reset bit empty(do not use it)
In that case the tag will set when you press on the F(x).If I understand well you will reset the tag from the code.

i will explain, what want to do. I want to change the screen when i hold F1 more than 3 second. In PLC have one TON timer and match his input with shared tag in KTP.
attachment.php

Last edited:
No problem
Set the tag and Reset the tag.By Set&Reset
On your code run a timer when the tag is ON.and when the time is done change screen.When you will release the button the tag should be OFF unless you keep it ON somewhere on your code.Try Also Click it might work.
I would recommend you to change screen by One Shot(depend how you build your logic)

TurpoUrpo & ArikBY SetBitWhileKeyPressed and SetBit ResetBit works well, but only with touch button, cannot do this with functional Button :(

I just went to my one of the oldest project with KTP400 PN.
I used set&Reset with F Keys without any problem.
I have KTP 600 on my table If I will have time today I will try what you say again.
I dont know what will happen if I will hold the key for few sec but as button it definitely work.

What's new in WinCC flexible 2008 SP2?
Support for Microsoft Windows 7
WinCC flexible with Step7 Integration under Windows 7
SIMATIC Step7 V5.4 is not released for the operating system Microsoft Windows 7.
It therefore is not possible to use WinCC flexible and Step7 in the integrated mode under Windows 7.
For this a separate release will be carried out at a later time

2. New Functionality
Engineering and usability
● New menu command for clearing the list of most recently opened projects
● Object view shows additional information
– Tag comments
– Recipe number

Widescreen for PC Runtime
* 1440 x 900, 1680 x 1050, 1920 x 1080, 1920 x 1200

Enhancements for the Basic Panels
* new System functions
+ set Bit in Tag
+ reset Bit in Tag
+ invert Bit in Tag

* Retentive message buffer
* Number of configurable Tags
o KTP400 Basic: 250
o KTP600 Basic: 500
o KTP1000 Basic: 500
o TP1500 Basic: 500
* new communication driver
o Modicon Modbus TCP/IP
o Mitsubishi FX
o Omron Hostlink/Multilink

Sm@rtService/Sm@rtAccess

* reduced CPU-utilization due to Sm@rtServer
* automatic scaling between server and client
* improved usability in configuration dialogs

Support of new devices
Download
http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/38612895
https://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/llisapi.dll/csfetch/38612895/WinCCflexible2008_SP2.zip
1.5 GB

About
http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/38612975

Saperov thanks a lot for the info, i was waiting for long time this SP of WinCC Flex. Now I'm using TIA Step7Basic for programing S7-1200 and KTP panels, and still don't succeed SetResetbit operation with functional keys.