Siemens / ABB combination

apetkov5

Hi!

Customer have few Simatic s7-300 and control center with installed ABB IndustrialIT 800xA.

Is it posible (and how) to connect that s7-300 to 800xA and make SCADA for them on 800xA?

There is FOC between s7-300 locations and location of 800xA.

Tnx.

ABB 800xA is a hardware controller. Or am I wrong ?
How can you make a SCADA on a hardware controller ?
I think that there must be another SCADA software at the customer already. But it is not called "800xA".

Anyway, most SCADAs worth their salt support OPC, and you can use OPC with Siemens S7. Both Profibus and Ethernet.

it says "...installed IndustrialIT 800xA service pack 1..." - because of that i tought that 800xA is software

Mr JesperMP

He wants to hook S7 300 with 800M controller of 800xA DCS, using Profibus FO, I also want to know this, could you please highlight?

S7 to ABB HMI

Granted I only have experience with connecting Allen Bradley PLCs to ABB's OperateIT HMI platform (running AC800M PLCs) but you should be able to run a third party OPC Server (Like Matrikon) that has drivers for the S7 line. Then you would connect the ABB HMI to the third party OPC server to bring the Siemens PLC information in. In our case, which dates from about 2003, we used TOPServer OPC Server to communicate with our Allen Bradley PLC-5s. Tags were defined in the ABB OPC Digital and Analog Objects database that pointed to the TOPServer OPC server tags. Note if you type in www.matrikon.com, you go to Honeywell's website - Pull down the Solutions menu, then "OPC Servers and Products" is the Matrikon line. I'm not pushing Matrikon, there are other third party OPC servers out there that should also work.