Selection of fuse?

Hello Dear:
I m a new graduate working in the field of PLC and DCS? In PLC?DCS panel fusible terminal blocks are used. how a fuse is selected rating wise and type wise?

Erm, Ok, really ?

Perhaps a good starting point would be to select the correct size based on the manufacturer recommendations for the equipment being fed ?

Fuses should be sized to protect the wiring not the equipment. There is no point havine a 200A fuse protecting 1mm wiring because in a short circuit the wire will heat up/melt and cause a fire which will burn down the whole site.

Similar Topics

Hi all, Does anyone here know or use an online graph or chart for quick selection of breaker/fuse size, wire size, and FLA for motors with various...
Replies
Views
I need an enclosure for wifi access points that will be outdoors. The antennas will mount outside the box but everything else inside. Standard...
Replies
Views
I am trying to implement a profibus network and am a newbie in the automation and communication industry. what are the components required for the...
Replies
Views
Dear Members; We are going to design a Simplex Control System With Following: 1. 24 Digital Inputs (SIL 2) 2. 24 Digital Outputs (SIL 2) 3. 4...
Replies
Views
Respected Members; I am going to design the PLC control system. The requirement as under: 1. Input/ Out put modules are SIL 2 certified. 24...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom