Trouble Storing to EEPROM - SLC 5/03

rguimond

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have three SLC 5/03 CPUs - 2 are 1747-OS300 A2 and the other is a 1747-OS301 A8. I also have three 1747 M11 memory modules that I would like to burn ladder programs to. However, I can't get the programs burnt. Here's what I'm doing:
  1. Downloading the program to the processor
  2. Go ONLINE with the processor
  3. Under "COMMS", select "EEPROM", then "Store to EEPROM"
I always get a message that says "StoreToEepromFailed, 0X10".

Tried erasing processor memory by shorting VBB & GND pads (with battery leads removed), but it didn't help.

Any suggestions?

You will often get that message when the burn is successful because the CPU is so busy doing the write to EEPROM, that it forgets to keep in contact with RSLinx.

Make a purposeful change to the program that you can identify. For example, find an unused floating point word and put today's date in it.

Then do the burn again. After you get done, kill power, pull the battery, short VBB to ground for at least 15 seconds, reinstall the CPU and power it up.

If you don't have the options set to cause it to load from EEPROM in this situation, then you may have to connect again with RSLogix and tell it to Load from EEPROM. Then look at that value you changed and see what you get.

I have had the same issue when connecting through DH485 or DH+ to some controllers, and not with others. I don't recall the specifics, but it may be version sensitive (both CPU firmware and RSLogix/Linx revisions), and it may vary with different driver timeout settings.

If you want it to load from EEPROM only when someone wipes out the memory or there is some other fault detected in the program (corrupted program) then you will want to set bit S:1/10, and then burn it again.

Last edited:
Thanks for the prompt reply. It seems like the error always pops up. I tried writing teh eeprom via a NET-ENI module and directly through the DF1 port with a null-modem cable and it worked the same way each time.

I've now loaded three different eeproms for three different processors, cleared the processor memory and put them back in the rack. All three loaded from eeprom.
Thanks, again!