Smart hose system

VJTX

I am working on a smart hose system. It will have 12 hoses that can connect to one of 36 sources. I will pulse the 12 outputs one at a time (on the hose) , read the inputs, to determine where that hose is connected. Is there a clever way to do this? I am using micrologix 1400.

The hose system isn't too smart yet.

Please describe in much more detail what each output controls. What exactly are the inputs?

Maybe with this information we may be able to help.

The output is just to multiplex. Output one on hose 1 will connect to one of 36 inputs, depending on which manifold inlet it is connected to. For example: out1----->>input 7 ; out2---->>input 1....
I am thinking of turning on out1 for a say 1 sec. , read the inputs, since only the input that is being fed by the output will be on, then put that number into n7:20 (which would be 128 for bit 7 on); pulse out2, read the inputs, put that number into n7:21(2 for bit 1), etc. until I get to out12, then start over. Speed is not required, its to know which hose( to the press) is connected to which silo.

A couple of simple solutions comes to mind.

Use an SQO triggered by a timer.

Use a CTU triggered by a timer and a series of compares on the value of the ACC.

Yeah, I think I will just ADD 1 to B3:3 and then do the equates, using free running clock to increment.