Problem: 1756-PLS output on only while resolver is stopped.

colemanj

I have a 1756-PLS triple-slot Controllogix resolver I/O module. I can read the resolver position as I turn it by hand and I can make the module output come on within my specified rotation limits. But the ouput only comes on when the resolver is at rest. When I start turning the resolver the output goes off. I am running a sample program that came with RSLogix 5000. Any ideas what might be the problem? Thanks.

Found my problem

Thanks for the response. Actually I found my problem. The RpmEnableLowLimit and RpmEnableHighLimit were set to zero. This meant the output was only active when the resolver was at rest. I set these limits to -32768 and 32767 and now it works fine regardless of rotation speed.

Similar Topics

Dear Colleagues, Now I'm testing Rockwell-based control system that has been stored for 8 years. Have some major issue, that have not met before...
Replies
Views
Good evening, just a dump question, I’ve configured channel no 13 with scalling as attached, then shown not linear reading, even when i simulate...
Replies
Views
Hello All. We have a 1756-17 slot chassis with analog ins and outs in the entire rack along with the EN2T card. Up until recently everything was...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, So I added a routine in a L71, and as is my nature, I selected all of the rungs and pasted them into Notepad++ and then re-imported them...
Replies
Views
Looking for anyone with experience on these modules. I had a strange problem this morning and I'm looking for an explanation and so far I can't...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom