Wiring Profinet I/O

greenfir3

Hello guys, I need help in connecting remote profinet I/O.
I have S7-400 as profinet i/o controller that has to be connected via ethernet cable to ET-200M (IM 153-4PN) that separated 220 meters long. As I know, ethernet cable should not exceeds 100 m.
Can I use 2 ethernet switch to work as repeaters in between the range? Or should I use another equipment to repeat the signal?
Thanks for any answers.

Switches in between will be a cludge.

If this is just a few ET200M stations, then use Profibus at 187.5k in stead of Profinet. It is simple and inexpensive.

Similar Topics

Posted this to Reddit with little success, so I figured I would share it here as well. Very new to PLCs, but figured I would give it a shot to...
Replies
Views
Hello Folks, Has anyone configured a Momentum high speed counter on Unity 13.1. We need the wiring diagram for Momentum High speed counter and...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, the scenario is: I have already completed the drawing package for my system utilizing an A-B 440R-N23126 (Minotaur) safety relay. SoS...
Replies
Views
Maybe a stretch to call this a PLC question, but it does connect to a PLC input. I have two German switches: Sick WL9LG-3P2232 And a...
Replies
Views
Hello I wanted to ask some questions about the G120C drive and the protection for it. I want to control a pump, with the motor rating of 5.5 kW...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom