Can Rslogix5000 upload Controllogix's Data only?

wilsonzhu

Hi, I added lots of logic(include I/O Cards) and tags into the existing contrologix PLC program. Can I just upload online controllogix's data into this offline program and keep the offline's added logic and tags' data no change. Otherwise, I have to upload the logic and data into another offline program and merge the added logic and tags to uploaded program and then download. It will take lots of time. Or, is there a way for offline download to keep the current online data (include setpoint etc) no change? Thanks a lot.

You could use the Tag Upload/Download tool from Rockwell - it can be downloaded from their site. It allows you to go online with the existing code and save the current data values to your hard drive which can then be transferred into the new code.

Thanks a lot.
You could use the Tag Upload/Download tool from Rockwell - it can be downloaded from their site. It allows you to go online with the existing code and save the current data values to your hard drive which can then be transferred into the new code.

I'm extremely confused here. (Maybe I'm missing something).

If you had a copy of the program saved on your computer, why didn't you just add the new logic to that file? That way you would have the old logic and the new logic all together in one spot. Then, when you are ready to add it to the system, you just download the new program into the processor.

If taking the system offline to download is not an option, then the only other way to add to it would be to add the new logic by doing online edits (this means that you add the new logic while the previous logic is still up and running). When you are done, you save the file (usually under a new name) and you are good to go.

They have another utility that will download a program, but preserve the the data files that are currently in the controller. I didn't know it existed until I was a the Rockwell On The Move event. It seemed like it was a separate install, like the tag upload/download utility.

I suppose that it may only work with certain versions. I'll have to check when I get back into work.