Omron plc

Please excuse my lack of information on my first post. At the moment I am not able to get it until I visit the client, but I would like to be 'armed' before I go to the site.

They have an Omron plc and hmi. The best description I could get was, the system was new 3 years ago. The plc is small phsycally but has lots of plugin units and the hmi is about 10" by 10" it is a colour touch screen.

I have not done much with Omron but I do have CX one and the programming lead. However, I think I will need to connect through the hmi as I and they, will need to use it while I am connected.

Can you tell me which lead I will need to connect to the plc through the hmi or if indeed this is possible.
And what software I might need if I am to alter anything on the hmi.

Thanks; Ronnie

if you have Cx-one then you have the software you will need with the Cx-designer program, the cable used is CBL-202 2-2 3-3 4-7 5-9 8-8 7-5 8-1 first side is female 2nd side is male.

without knowing which processor you have I cannot tell you which peripheral cable to use however the pinouts of the above cable is generic and will match up to most Omron processors on the commport.
I've never done a pass through connection but again without knowing which actual hardware you have I cannot describe it anyways. There is also a good chance that they may be setup to work via ethernet. Most HMI's have this feature in Omron and if they added an ethernet card to the processor it may be possible to do it this way as well

Last edited:
OK, thanks for that mordred.

The PLC is a sysmac CJ1G. The HMI is connected to the 'port' connection and the peripheral socket connection has a plastic cover over it.

The HMI is a NT631C-ST141-EV2. it has a printer port and port b and port a (The HMI is connected on Port a)

So I am presuming that I can connect direct to the plc via the 'covered' peripheral connection and the HMI with a normal cable (as per your explanation)

Thank you for your help and would you verify for me that this is correct

Thanks; Ronnie

Haven't worked with that particular touchscreen however the other ones from Omron I have used all use the same cable.

Suggestion:
It's easier to connect to PLC serial port using homemade cable, but ONLY if PLC port settings ARE NOT set to NT-link (I am affraid it's set in Your case).
So I believe You must find a cable to connect to mini-peripheral port (You can not make this cable at home).