Problem with RSBatch 6.0

yang1216

Hi,all.
We have a RSBatch 6.0 installed in Windows 2000 operating system, and it worked very well this years. But the computer need to be upgrate because it have worked 7 years.
We have purchased a new computer. The seller told us that the new computer can only support Windows 2003 operating system. We tried to install RSBatch 6.0 in the new computer, but failed. The AB guys told me the RSBatch 6.0 can only support Windows 2000.
So how can I do with it? Search for a PC support Windows 2000, or buy new version RSBatch and upgrate all our recipes?

A guess is that the salesman who sold you the computer told you that it wouldn't run windows 2k because of the lack of support for larger memory sizes and hard-drive space.

Usually the above is true when upgrading from an old operating system, though the truth is that it will actually run win2k, better than your old rig, just not as well as win2003

You could try installing Win2k to verify this If it turns out to be successful I'd imagine your computer just wouldn't be utilising all of the upgrades, but most likely still running faster.