Quick Panel View

Hi

I am new to Quick panel amd using 12" view. I need to know 2 things

1. How to setup ip address and i need to download the application via ethernet and also establish the communication via ehernet.

2. How to create and give user accounts and rights

Kindly provide me some solution.

you can setup the ip address just like you would a windows based pc. it should startup to the windows ce, then go to network connections. I am pretty sure if you look in the manual that it will explain this.

Set the IP address of the QuickPanel using the Windows CE control panel. Then open a command prompt on your computer and ping it to verify the connection.

In the Proficy software select your target in the Navigator window. Then in the Inspector window set "Use Simulator" to false, then enter the target's IP address.

The way the security works is simple. The user accounts and passwords are local to the unit - they are configured & stored on the QuickPanel itself. The Quickpanel comes with an administrator account with username = master and password = control. I highly recommend you change this since everyone knows the default.

To edit this user list, create a momentary button on the screen with action: "Run script when up" and the script is: EditUserList. You can use visibility expression to make this button invisible unless a user with security level 999 is logged in.

Put a button with action: "Run script when up" and the script is: Logon. So when you press this button you enter "master" and "control", then get the User List. Enter however many users you want and their security levels.

There is a button with action: "Run script when up" and the script is: Logoff.

The "auto log off time setpoint" is an internal tag with a script that runs periodically 5 seconds. When done all users are logged off.

Example IP.png Login buttons.png

The Auto-Logoff setpoint on the Login screen has a visibility expression so it is only seen when a user with level 900 or greater is logged in. The setpoint is entered in minutes. The script executes every 5 seconds.

Here is the auto-logoff script.
Code:
'-------------------------------------
' Description:  Global Script Executes every 5 seconds
' IF TOUCHSCREEN NOT USED FOR xxx SECONDS, LOG OFF
' It logs out only the LAST user.
' The script will continue to Log Users out until AccessLevel = 0.
' When Access Level changes, reset timer to zero.

Z_Logoff_Sec_SP := Z_LOGOFF_MIN_SP*60

IF (Z_Logoff_Stored_AccessLevel <> #AccessLevel) OR (#AccessLevel = 0)
	Z_Logoff_Sec_Acc := 0
	ENDIF

IF (#AccessLevel > 0)
	Z_Logoff_Sec_Acc := Z_Logoff_Sec_Acc + 5
	ENDIF

IF (Z_Logoff_Sec_Acc >= Z_Logoff_Sec_SP)
	Logoff
	ENDIF

Z_Logoff_Stored_AccessLevel := #AccessLevel

In the script editor the tags are color-coded, that didn't come through when I posted the script. Here are the internal tags you will need:

Internal tags.png

There are good examples of this in the Samples Applications that come with Proficy ME. One that covers it "all" is "View Demo Application" this is done with a Windows XP target but most things work the same in Windows CE, just verify in the online help, using the "Companion" window.
"Security" is the same, ActiveX is not.