Pigmys in our switch gear

Recently we found a couple of pigmy tribes’ people living in our switch gear at work. The way we found them was an electrician got bit in the hand by one of them while changing a fuse. Our boss had us bang on the sides of the panels with metal pipes and also pock the pipes in side to see if we could chase them out, which did not work. We also tried using water hoses to get them out. Our boss said we would not get shocked as long as we had a metal strap around our ankles and put a grounding wire on it. The plant manager will not let us shut down the panels because we are behind on production. We called the police in which we were told that the pigmy’s have a right to live there. I bet most of you said “WHAT”!!!!!!! I just wanted to get a laugh in which none of this is true except we do have switch gear. It is good to laugh and I hope this cheered you all up.:oops:🤷

When I was a young un back in the days of wooden ships and iron men it would have been real convenient to have pigmies (ys??) on hand. I was the smallest electrician - sure would have been nice to have someone smaller than me.

Your pigmies - teach em to be electricians and do all the internal checks maintenance and repairs. I think you have a good thing going here, an asset that should not be abused but cherished.

Boeing used little people to crawl inside wings also.

Dan Bentler

Well this may be a good thing also. He (??) has eye protection and pre amps on his ears good for hearing small problems before they become big ones. I would be very nice to him (her??) and buddies.

Dan Bentler

To clarify:

"The Mote In God's Eye" by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle.

An excellent story.

When I saw the thread title my first thought was squirrels. I've seen three squirrel episodes where the incoming 14kv switchgear blew a fuse. In all three instances there was only a few hairs and we just all figured it was squirrels. Can you imagine what that would have looked like if you'd have seen it??? I bet it was over in less than an eye blink. "Cleared the fault"!